- Since we live in this world, we have to do our best for this world. Aung San Suu Kyi
Visit Santa Rosa, California
Break a Sweat
● Levi' s GranFondo - October 1 - A challenging and competitive mass start cycling event hosting
riders of all ability levels from around the world, since it began in 2009. Named for Levi
Leipheimer, Santa Rosa’s resident former professional cyclist, Levi’s GranFondo is heralded as
one of the best organized cycling events in the world. It benefits the King Ridge Foundation for
● Dana Jones Sprint Triathlon - October 9 - This triathlon series was created to help bring the
sport of triathlon to Santa Rosa with short distance triathlons open to all levels of ability. This
event is non-competitive and time is not recorded, designed to be completed and enjoyed by
participants. The mini sprint is a 400-yard swim in a heated pool, a 9-mile bike ride and a
3.1-mile run. The race starts at Finley Aquatic Center and travels along the Santa Rosa Creek
Trail for the bike and run course.
● Cloverdale Vineyard Races - October 23 - Trails for the sixth annual Cloverdale Harvest
Vineyard Marathon, Half-Marathon, and 10K will take place entirely on groomed dirt roads in
vineyards around historic Asti Winery! These runs are provide runners with unparalleled views of
the scenic beauty of northern Sonoma County's wine country in fall.
● Healdsburg Wine Country Half Marathon - October 29 - This end of wine harvest and
Halloween themed race runs through the renowned Alexander and Dry Creek Valleys in late
October when the weather is ideal for running and the autumn-colored vineyards glow in the
warm sunshine. This visually stunning course starts at Virginia Dare Winery and finishes on the
expansive grounds of Trentadue Winery for the post-race Wine + Music Festival. A Hallowine
5K is also offered.
Relieve Some Tension
● What Truly Matters Spa Meditation Retreat at Osmosis Day Spa - October 19 - Karen
Halseth and Aimée Lyndon-Adams work with successful professionals who want to balance their
material success with emotional and spiritual well-being. The retreat day includes personalized
channeled guidance, a heart-centered grounding and centering meditation, an energetic clearing
and alignment, 75-minute Massage or Facial and an organic box lunch.
● Health Spa Montecito at the Flamingo Resort - Ongoing - The Body in Balance package
features a 50 minute Seasonal Scrub, 50 minute Wellness Massage and a 50 minute Eminence
Facial. The spa is open to the public. and includes daily access to the Montecito Heights Health
Club and Spa. This spa is an affiliate of Flamingo Resort Hotel and Conference Center.
Eat and Drink
● Sonoma County Harvest Fair - September 30-October 2 - The Harvest Fair marks it’s 42nd year
of showcasing Sonoma County’s grand harvest which continues to result in world-class wines,
award winning beer and a plethora of culinary wealth. Thirsty travelers from across the entire US
are beckoned to Santa Rosa each year to participate in a complete farm-to-table experience,
inspired by the region’s hard working farmers, ranchers, vintners and producers.
● Grown-Ups Happy Hour Science of Spirits - October 13 - Spirit Works Distillery partners up
with the Children’s Museum of Sonoma County to bring guests an educational happy hour and
tasty beverages made from the local spirits.
● Winemaker dinner at Warm Puppy Cafe with Carol Shelton - October 14 - Chef Josef Keller
and Winemaker Carol Shelton from the Carol Shelton Winery will team up for a three-course
Winemaker Dinner inside the charming cafe at Snoopy’s Home Ice.
● Mario Batali at Luther Burbank Center for the Arts - October 27 - Copperfield’s Books
presents an evening with celebrity Chef Mario Batali, in celebration of his book, Big American
Cookbook: 250 Favorite Recipes from Across the USA. Ticket price includes a copy of the book.
● Wine and Food Affair - November 5-6 - Join Northern Sonoma County’s The Wine Road for
their annual weekend of wine and food pairing in the Alexander, Dry Creek and Russian River
Valleys. All of the wineries participating will have a favorite winery recipe available online,
which they will prepare both days for guests to sample, along with the perfect wine.
● Halloween Zombie Brewery Tour - October 29 & 30 - Guests will enjoy a bus tour and tastings
at three top-rated craft breweries, all while dressed as zombies! On Tap Tours will also be
providing makeup, props and fake blood 30 min prior to the tour at the pick up location.
Food for Thought
● Peanuts and the Picture of Health at the Charles M. Schulz Museum - now - March 12, 2017 -
Featuring over 56 original comic strips and health-related artwork and products, the Charles M.
Schulz Museum’s latest exhibition focuses on Charles Schulz’s careful study of health issues
which inform many Peanuts plot lines. From physical fitness to mental well-being, Peanuts
highlighted a range of topics regarding personal health.
● Art Trails Open Studios - October 8-9, 15-16 - Presented by Sebastopol Center for the Arts,
enjoy the abundance of creative talent Sonoma County has to offer by visiting the professional
studios of the Art Trails artists. Along scenic corridors and country roads, visit the working
studios which will be open to the public for two weekends only; after the Open Studio weekends,
studios are open by appointment only.
● Daktari Affair at Safari West - October 14 - From the soundstages of Hollywood to the hills of
Sonoma County, guests will learn the story of Safari West’s founder Peter Lang and enjoy
African-inspired small bites, select local wines, brews, and a cast of wild animal encounters
throughout the evening. The event is a vital fundraiser for the preservation-focused animal park.