- Since we live in this world, we have to do our best for this world. Aung San Suu Kyi
Visit Central Park, New York City
Central Park is an urban park, 843 acres of green that comprises 6% of the island of Manhattan within New York City. It is the most visited urban park in the United States as well as one of the most filmed locations in the world. 25 million people visit Central Park every year and enjoy the park's many famous attractions and sights.
Visitors must visit and see the following attractions and sights of the Central Park
- The Great Lawn is 13 acres of green grass with baseball fields, basketball courts, and lots of room for sports and leisure activities. It is also the site of free concerts every summer by the New York Philharmonic and the Metropolitan Opera, and has also hosted concerts, movie screenings, and a papal mass.
- See the zoo that the movie Madagascar made famous.
- Visit Strawberry Fields that was designed as a garden of peace in honor of John Lennon.
- The Reservoir is best know for the 1.58 mile track surrounding it. Thousands of runners get their exercise here daily.
- The 19th-century stone Belvedere Castle rises above Vista Rock, the second highest natural elevation in the Park. From the castle's tower, you'll find breathtaking views of Central Park and the city. The castle also houses the Henry Luce Nature Observatory, which features exhibits on the birds and other wildlife found in the Park.
- Bethesda Terrace was designed to be the heart of Central Park. The ornate terrace features the famous fountain and views of the Lake, the lawn, and the Ramble.
- Shakespeare Garden is a beautiful little oasis of flowers.
- The sculpture of Mother Goose is a favorite of kids and adults alike. It features Mother Goose flying astride her goose and flanked by Humpty Dumpty, Little Jack Horner, and Little Bo Peep.
- At the boathouse at the eastern end of the Lake, you can rent rowboats and bicycles or take a ride in a romantic gondola. You can also dine on a deck overlooking the Lake or grab a snack on the terrace.