- Do right. Do your best. Treat others as you want to be treated. Lou Holtz
See an Opera
- It's glamorous
- It's (architecturally) beautiful
- The men are hot.
- The women are divas.
- It's the best place to people watch in NYC, hands down and there are always some well dressed, handsome men in the crowd who have been wrangled into going by their mothers, grandmothers or sugar mamas.
- The costumes and sets are fabulously elaborate
- It's almost always FOUR HOURS long (BYOR: bring your own Ritalin) -- thereby letting you prove to yourself that the Internet has not, in fact, ruined your attention span.
- Bragging rights. Nothing says "you're a klassy lady" like casually dropping, "Saturday? Oh, I just went to the Opera...v"
- It gives you a reason to take a shower, do your hair and dress up for an occasion that doesn't involve an "I do."
- It's almost always formulaic -- so, not unlike a country song, you always have the comfort of knowing what is going to happen.