- The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them. Ernest Hemingway
Graduate from the École Polytechnique
École Polytechnique, also known as l’X, is the leading French institute which combines top-level research, academics, and innovation at the cutting-edge of science and technology. Its academic programs – Bachelor, Ingénieur Polytechnicien, Master’s, Graduate Degree and PhD – are highly selective and promote a culture of excellence with a strong emphasis on science, anchored in humanist traditions.
In 2017, École Polytechnique launches its new Bachelor program, designed for high potential students from all over the world. Fully taught in English, this 3-year program is based on a scientific multidisciplinary core with an emphasis on mathematics. Students have the choice between three double majors: mathematics and computer science, mathematics and physics, mathematics and economics. On top of their education in fundamental sciences, students follow courses in humanities and social sciences, languages and sports, providing them with the necessary soft skills to complement their scientific background and knowledge. They are also exposed to industry as part of the curriculum. Applications open in November 2016.
In 2016, École Polytechnique has opened two new degrees: an industry-oriented graduate degree and a PhD program.
École Polytechnique's full-time English Graduate Degree Programs are industry-oriented and combine:
close industry collaboration for real-world education
high-level research training and innovation management know-how
multidisciplinary à la française.
These two-year long programs prepare talented students from all over the world to take on leadership positions in technology-driven organizations.
Available programs for Fall 2017 include:
-Corporate Strategy for New Markets
Primarily intended for students with comprehensive mathematical training and an interest in economics, this program offers the unique opportunity to gain a complete, economics-based strategic understanding of new, transforming and disrupting markets in 21st century industry.
-Energy Environment: Science Technology and Management (STEEM)
Based on a foundation of engineering and applied sciences training, the STEEM program offers graduates the tools to understand the socioeconomic context of climate change and to master the evolutions of our relationship with energy.
-Internet of Things: Innovation and Management program (IoT-IM)
This program is a complete program for future entrepreneurs, engineers and IT/IoT consultants with a passion for the internet of things, and the curiosity to investigate the many sectors that overlap within the field.
-Metro Economics for Smart Cities
Designed for students with a strong mathematical background and an interest in economics, The Metro Economics for Smart Cities Graduate Degree provides an in-depth understanding of new and transforming metropolitan areas and their competitive environments.
-Big Data for Business
Taught jointly by École Polytechnique and HEC Business School, this program combines a scientific and a business approach to contemporary Data Science issues and challenges.
- École Polytechnique's PhD program combines both Master’s and PhD degrees, is designed to develop outstanding scholars for careers in leading academic institutions or top companies throughout the world. Students in this program benefit from École Polytechnique’s dynamic ecosystem and are closely associated to the research activities conducted at l’X right from the beginning of their Master’s studies. They work closely with faculty members who provide them with individual coaching, oversee their progress and help customize their training with regards to their interests and goals”
L’X guarantees an outstanding experience to its international students, from their admission to their careers’ follow-up, providing them with very dedicated services, such as individual academic coaching, administrative and financial support and counseling, or Alumni mentoring. This unique environment, combined with the high-level of the students who go through a very selective process to access École Polytechnique, also attracts some of the most distinguished faculty in the world.
With its Research departments which are joint research units with the French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS), École Polytechnique Research Center explores the frontiers of interdisciplinary knowledge to provide major contributions to science, technology, and society. L’X is also a founding member and a leader of the Paris-Saclay University, a major scientific and economic cluster which brings together top French higher education and research institutions, as well as R&D centers of prominent international companies.
ÉCOLE POLYTECHNIQUE IN FIGURES
- 4th best small university in the world and 2nd in Europe by Times Higher Education (2017 World’s Best Small Universities Ranking)
- 4th institution worldwide and 2nd in Europe in educating global business leaders (2017 Alma Mater Index Global Executives)
- About 3,000 graduate students, 30% international, over 60 nationalities on campus
- 670 faculty members, 39% international
- 5:1 student to faculty ratio
- 11 academic departments with 1,600 personnel, 1,350 publications per year
- 32 double degree program agreements
- Ingénieur Polytechnicien Admission centers in 15 countries
- 1,500 student housing units
- 86,000 square feet of indoor sports facilities and 20 acres of outdoor sports facilities.