- The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them. Ernest Hemingway
Crash a Wedding
Wedding crashing is the act of attending a wedding celebration without an invitation, particularly when the person or persons who turn up have a profound impact.
There are various reasons why people crash weddings.
Some of the most common reasons for crashing a wedding in real life are:
- To see a person they know, such as a relative, friend, or ex get married, even if they are not invited.
- To come with another person who is invited whom they wish to accompany.
- For something that is offered at the event, such as free catered food or alcoholic beverages. Crashing for this reason is not always cost-effective. With the high cost of the clothes 4. required for a fancy wedding (presuming one doesn't rewear them), this may out-do that of the food, which often can be obtained for less from a restaurant.
- To steal money or gifts from the bride, groom, or guests.
- For the thrill of deviating from mores and etiquette or for the social prestige within a peer group of defying the broader culture.
- At celebrity weddings, crashing may occur from those who wish to mingle with the celebrities or catch paparazzi photo shots.
- There have also been reports of celebrities crashing the weddings of strangers they encounter.