- In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing. Theodore Roosevelt
Crash a Wedding
Wedding crashing is the act of attending a wedding celebration without an invitation, particularly when the person or persons who turn up have a profound impact.
There are various reasons why people crash weddings.
Some of the most common reasons for crashing a wedding in real life are:
- To see a person they know, such as a relative, friend, or ex get married, even if they are not invited.
- To come with another person who is invited whom they wish to accompany.
- For something that is offered at the event, such as free catered food or alcoholic beverages. Crashing for this reason is not always cost-effective. With the high cost of the clothes 4. required for a fancy wedding (presuming one doesn't rewear them), this may out-do that of the food, which often can be obtained for less from a restaurant.
- To steal money or gifts from the bride, groom, or guests.
- For the thrill of deviating from mores and etiquette or for the social prestige within a peer group of defying the broader culture.
- At celebrity weddings, crashing may occur from those who wish to mingle with the celebrities or catch paparazzi photo shots.
- There have also been reports of celebrities crashing the weddings of strangers they encounter.